
It has been a while (it was seems like it is a while with me and blogging). I wanted to give everyone an update on me and my life (hooray for life). I announced tonight at MYF that I will be ending my time as the Youth Minister at Trinity at the end of summer. It was a difficult decision but one I am comfortable with and happy with. I have been accepted and will be attending the Candler School of Theology at Emory this coming fall. While I am going to miss the students and some of the other relationships around Trinity this was something that needed to happen. I have grown immeasurably in the past three years and moving on was the right thing.
Robin and I are now going to begin the process of deciding whether we need to move to ATL or stay here in WR. Of course IF we can sell our house will determine part of that and WHERE we find jobs will also be a factor. I am hoping we can stay here but moving definitely has it's advantages too. I am looking forward to being able to pursue academics which is a first and am exctied about the chance to learn from some amazing professors and teachers. My cousin Tom is also going to be going to Candler in the fall which is going to be great as well as a couple of old friends who will be on campus (Joshua Carr, I am talking about YOU!).
Well, that was it. I actually, believe it or not, was wanting to post something last week but I thought I should wait until I could let everyone know without any "don't tell anyone's". Oh, I have begun a Facebook which will be another we I will not be keeping in contact...I mean I WILL be keeping in contact. Robin is heavily addicted so you can keep up with her on there at least.
KH
Facebook: Kirk Hagan

1 comment:
Hey Kirk! That's great about Seminary! BEth has a couple of friends up there who might be able to help you get around on campus. Let me know if there's anything we can do to help you guys if you end up in the Atl. Would love to see you in you're ever in Savannah. I was close to you, Atkinson County, for the wildfires but never got a chance to come your way. Come see the new baby in July! Tell your wife hey for me!
Post a Comment